Product Manager for Revenue-Generating Public Benefit Startup - 100% Remote
We help Governments Procure more Efficiently and Equitably
City Innovate is developing cutting edge software that’s at the frontlines of helping cities and states address urgent challenges. Bring your skills in product management and get ready to make the impact of a lifetime! This is a unique opportunity to start early with a civic tech start-up in a cross-functional role touching both product management and project management work.
About the Position
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-growing team and work collaboratively with our Leadership, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams. What you’ll be working on in the first three months:
- You will support our CEO on executing our product vision and roadmap.
- You’ll support our client project needs, with an opportunity to try your hand at client management or project management if that’s of interest to you.
- Your responsibilities will range from the micro decisions necessary to turn a story into a feature, to QA-ing, to building client relationships, and ensuring we are on-track and on-time.
- Our government customers are core to City Innovate and few roles at our company have a closer relationship to, and understanding of them, than our PMs.
You’re probably a great fit if you have some combination of the following:
- You have 1-2 years experience in Product Management
- You have experience working with or within governments or have a general understanding of government procurement processes.
- You have experience translating customer needs into product requirements.
- You’re interested in and/or have experience in client and/or project management.
- You have some background in user experience research or design.
- You’re a versatile team player, looking to try on new hats and learn skills as needs arise.
- You’re a cross-functional contributor and thrive in an environment where your work has impact and high visibility.
- You’re excited about City Innovate and our mission. We want people who bring new ideas to the table and care about what they are building.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation, dependent on experience: $75,000-$100,000
- Stock options.
- 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance
- 100% remote.
- $500 home office stipend.
- Unlimited vacation with a 15-day minimum.
- We are a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive workplace that respects and celebrates people of all backgrounds.
About the Hiring Process
- The first round of interviews will be a one-on-one with someone from our product team. We’ll be scheduling these on a rolling basis beginning.
- For candidates who progress further, there will be a 2-3 hour take-home case study. In recognition of your time and efforts, we’ll send you a $100 Amazon gift card regardless of outcome.
- We allow candidates 1 week to complete the assignment. All candidates who submit an assignment will have the chance to present their work in a follow up interview to discuss their work.
- We expect to make an offer to the successful candidate by the end of January with an expected start soon thereafter.
About City Innovate
City Innovate is building a suite of enterprise-class products for automating government procurement. Our founders have deep experience in government and building technology companies. Equity in opportunity is central to our mission. As such, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is a tenet of our organization. Individuals from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and an open, supportive place to work