At City Innovate, we’re well aware of the impact government can have on people’s lives. We won’t rest until every government has access to the modern technologies the private sector takes for granted. The barrier here is legacy procurement processes that can be byzantine in complexity. City Innovate makes products to modernize legacy procurement processes and as well as to pioneer greater agility in procurement using something we call a Challenge-Based Approach.
We’re seeking a mid-level person to join us as the director of Customer Success. This is a hands-on role with the possibility of building out a team as the company grows.
Our clients are Chief Information Officers (CIOs), deputy CIOs, Agency Leaders, and Procurement Officials inside the government. Many are working on the most compelling problems facing the government today - including how to respond to COVID-19, wildfires, and other natural disasters.
Our ideal candidate will be smart, focused, detail oriented, empathetic with great listening skills and the ability to absorb complex information and make it immediately actionable. You will be taking the lead and using your initiative to help our clients understand how best to use our winning products to save them time, money, and provide greater access to the technologies the government needs. Some exposure to customer success and/or sales, business development, or consulting would be ideal. This is a great position for someone who is energetic, smart, empathetic, and ambitious; this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters as we work to make our products the standard for government CIOs, agency leaders, and procurement officials.
City Innovate is looking for a Director of Customer Success to do hands-on work as needed to drive renewals, upsell- and cross-sell revenue. You will take charge of our government clients, build customer satisfaction, and manage cross-sell, upsell, and retention.
As the Director of Customer Success you must have prior experience working in a customer success function and be able to bring best practices and frameworks to apply here at City Innovate.
The ideal person has worked in Customer Success has an BA and 5-6 years of B2B or B2G (business-to-government) experience, has a strong bias for action, writes well, is a strong presenter, and can easily learn how to use modern tools to support excellence in the Customer Success function.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with our clients to deliverable predictable outcomes and experiences that delight them as well as growth to our business in terms of revenue
- Deliver and communicate ROI for our clients throughout the customer lifecycle
- Be the trusted partner for the client that they turn to day-in and day-out to understand how to get the most out of our products and their functionality
- Champion positive client experience by representing the customer’s point-of-view to cross-functional teams at City Innovate, particularly the product engineering team
- Deliver revenue by ensuring customer satisfaction is high, understanding when to cross sell, upsell, and also how to align the entire company so that renewals are a slam dunk
What We are Looking For
- Ideally 5-6 years of experience in Customer Success or another client-facing role responsible for driving account satisfaction, upsell, cross-sell revenue
- A strong belief that government is an agent for positive change
- Desire to get in on the ground floor of a mission-oriented company
- Impressive communications abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Bias for action
- Understanding of what it is like to work in a regulated environment