About City Innovate
We help governments procure more efficiently and equitably. City Innovate is developing cutting edge software that’s at the frontlines of helping cities and states address urgent challenges. Bring your skills in user experience design and get ready to make a real impact! This is a unique and high-growth opportunity to start early with a civic tech start-up to help us define and grow the future of our product team
About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and experienced product professional to play a pivotal role in the future of City Innovate. As the Director of Product, you will define and lead our young product team, advise on how to grow the team, hone our strategy and roadmap, and to bring together the broader City Innovate team around a shared product vision. As a direct-level position, this role will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of product managers, UX professionals, and related personnel.
- Lead, define, represent, and communicate product strategy and vision to all stakeholders.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch new features and products.
- Define and monitor relevant product KPIs to achieve product milestones and inform areas for improvement.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics for our product line.
- Monitor and manage strategic marketing plans for each product or product lines.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions, and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of our users.
You’re probably a great fit if you have some combination of the following qualities:
- Prior experience building and growing a product company in a B2B or B2C environment.
- 5+ years experience in product management.
- Deep knowledge of UX industry standards, usability, and accessibility.
- Knowledge of a range of usability and UX research tools and techniques (e.g. generative and evaluative research, usability testing, survey research, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A passion for interacting with and learning from users.
- Ability to think in the abstract and anticipate how small details will fit into the larger picture.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and excited to make an impact in civic tech.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in government procurement.
- Experience at an enterprise SaaS start-up or a B2B2C company.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation, dependent on experience: starting at $175,000
- High-growth opportunity in a fast-growing, profitable start-up
- Stock options.
- 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance
- 100% remote.
- $500 home office stipend.
- Unlimited vacation with a 15-day minimum.
- We are a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive workplace that respects and celebrates people of all backgrounds.
About the Hiring Process
Bulleted below is a rough outline of what to expect in our hiring process:
- Screening call with our hiring director.
- The first round of interviews will be with members of our product and/or engineering teams. We’ll be scheduling these on a rolling basis as applications come in.
- For candidates who progress further, there will be a 2-3 hour take-home case study. In recognition of your time and efforts, we’ll send you a $100 Amazon gift card regardless of outcome. We allow candidates 1 week to complete the assignment.
- We’ll invite final-round candidates back to present their case study to the broader team.
Commitment to Equity and Diversity
City Innovate is building a suite of enterprise-class products for automating government procurement. Our founders have deep experience in government and building technology companies. Equity in opportunity is central to our mission. As such, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is a tenet of our organization. Individuals from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and an open, supportive place to work.