Director of Professional Services
Do you have a passion for innovation and delivering new technologies to make a positive impact in government? Do you want a role that provides you with a sense of purpose and satisfaction? Then join City Innovate and build a rewarding career improving the way the government works as you help agencies find the best digital solutions. Our enterprise application is redefining how governments procure technology through automation and real-time collaboration.
We are a diverse team and believe that every new person who joins us gives us the chance to add a fresh perspective on the way we see the world. We are looking for an experienced director of professional services to lead our new professional services team. As a new business unit, you have the chance to build and oversee a team.
We are primarily a remote team but believe there’s value in meeting f2f for important discussions. Our head office is in San Francisco and our ideal candidate is on the West Coast. We need someone to start immediately in a full-time role. If you’re interested, please apply below.
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for leading the successful deployment of City Innovate’s enterprise application. As a key member of our team, you will lead and coordinate our onboarding process including scope management, project schedule, needs assessment, configuration, training and deployment. You will be focused on client management, delivering the solution on time, escalating issues when appropriate as well as educating and leading others through collaboration and mentoring. Your ability to build strong relationships with client stakeholders will help you to deliver and create future value.
- Lead a small team to deploy our solution on time
- Produce quality documentation and deliverables
- Manage schedule and activities
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with clients
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product, training and customer support
- Mentor junior team members
You are an experienced technology consultant who can lead an implementation from kick-off to go-live. You are entrepreneurial and inspired by your clients and the opportunity to drive impact.
You are a clear written communicator. Sometimes that’s email, sometimes it’s Slack. Writing out our thoughts and opinions gives everyone the chance to think through their position rather than having to come up with something on the spot. Communicating clearly via text takes some extra effort but we believe that it leads to more thoughtful and productive outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with IT systems and/or processes required to support public sector (e.g. state and local government) organizations
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Strong grasp of different project management methods (Waterfall, Agile)
Our Offer to You:
- $85-120K depending on experience
- Stock options
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- 100% remote with occasional in-person meetings on-site in California.
- $500 remote office setup
- Unlimited vacation plan
- We are a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive workplace that respects and celebrates people of all backgrounds.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.