About City Innovate
We help governments procure more efficiently and equitably. City Innovate is developing cutting edge software that’s at the frontlines of helping cities and states address urgent challenges. Bring your skills in quality assurance and get ready to make a real impact! This is a unique and high-growth opportunity to start early with a civic tech start-up in a cross-functional role learning the ins-and-outs of our product suite.
About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and experienced Quality Assurance analyst to join our team at City Innovate. As the QA Analyst you will work closely with our product, engineering, and customer support teams to ensure delivery of a reliable and high-quality experience throughout our product.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are met for each release.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor our automated no code test suite on Rainforest QA.
- Identify and remedy defects within the deployment process.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Investigate customer complaints and product issues.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Help advise how we grow and build our QA and product teams.
- Experience in and nuanced understanding of quality inspection, auditing, and testing for software applications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical skills and knowledge of QA applications.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think in the abstract and anticipate how small details will fit into the larger picture.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bonus: experience using Rainforest QA or a similar no-code automated testing platform.
- Bonus: experience as a QA analyst at an enterprise SaaS start-up.
- Bonus: background / experience in engineering or development cycles.
- Bonus: basic understanding of web browser development tool (e.g. Google Chrome DevTools), database structure and SQL
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation, dependent on experience: 65k - 85k
- Stock options. (if applicable)
- 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance
- 100% remote.
- $500 home office stipend.
- Unlimited vacation with a 15-day minimum.
- We are a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive workplace that respects and celebrates people of all backgrounds.
About the Hiring Process
Bulleted below is a rough outline of what to expect in our hiring process:
- Screening call with our hiring director.
- The first round of interviews will be with members of our product and/or engineering teams. We’ll be scheduling these on a rolling basis as applications come in.
- For candidates who progress further, there will be a 2-3 hour take-home case study. In recognition of your time and efforts, we’ll send you a $100 Amazon gift card regardless of outcome. We allow candidates 1 week to complete the assignment.
- We’ll invite final-round candidates back to present their case study to the broader team.
- We expect to make an offer to the successful candidate by early April with an expected start soon thereafter.
Commitment to Equity and Diversity
City Innovate is building a suite of enterprise-class products for automating government procurement. Our founders have deep experience in government and building technology companies. Equity in opportunity is central to our mission. As such, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is a tenet of our organization. Individuals from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and an open, supportive place to work.