About City Innovate
City Innovate is a San-Francisco based organization that provides a suite of enterprise-class products for contract writing and agile procurement. Our mission is to make the government a force for social good. We are structured as a public-benefit corporation to ensure we keep our focus not just on revenues, but also the needs of people served by the government. Governments tell us that procurement is the first step towards innovation and digital transformation, so we enable them to source technology products more strategically. We do this by focusing on people, process, and technology, by providing support and training, streamlining and accelerating the process, and implementing automation and AI/ML. Leading the company are Jay Nath, former Chief Innovation Officer for the City of San Francisco, and Kamran Saddique. In addition to our enterprise software, City Innovate also manages STIR and STIR Labs, which bring startups and academia to bear on pressing community problems. City Innovate has been working with Cities, Counties, States, and Federal agencies since 2013 to change how procurement gets done.
About the Position
We’re looking for a Technical Customer Support Specialist to join our small but fast-growing team and work collaboratively with our Support, Sales, and Product teams.
Your responsibilities and position at City Innovate:
- Lead customer support and training for one of our existing enterprise products, Pipeline Manager (PM)
- Provide consistently high-quality customer experiences for all PM customers
- File bugs, troubleshoot issues, and collaborate with the team to provide an excellent customer experience
- Assist with product testing of new features and overall quality of our products
- Draft and maintain knowledge base and support articles.
- Advocate for our customers and work closely with our customer success and product teams and to find areas of improvement within our product and services.
- Become the voice of the customer in our company so you can influence the company to be meaningful and valuable for them
Our clients are CIOs, deputy CIOs, Agency Leaders, and Procurement Officials inside the government. Many are working on the most compelling problems facing the government today - including how to respond to COVID-19, wildfires, and other natural disasters.
Our ideal Technical Customer Support Specialist will thrive if you have
- Have demonstrated experience with providing high-touch customer support over email and live chat in SaaS or technical customer service
- Exhibits analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills for technical troubleshooting
- Have demonstrated written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability to learn new digital tools quickly
- Work autonomously, creatively, and kindly with your teammates while empowering and supporting those around you.
- You thrive in an environment where your work has impact and high visibility.
- You’re comfortable working in a startup environment, probably because you’ve worked at one (bonus points if you’ve ever started/run a business before).
- You’re continually learning and pushing yourself to show what you’re capable of.
- Advocate for others – including customers and colleagues – and you want to build a career in customer support!
- You’re excited about City Innovate and our mission. We want people who bring new ideas to the table and care about what they are building.
About the Hiring Process
Applications are open from August 4th to August 18th.
The first round of interviews will be one-on-one with someone from our customer support team. We’ll be scheduling these on a rolling basis beginning the week of August 16th.
For candidates who progress further, there will be a 2-3 hour take-home case study. In recognition of your time and efforts, we’ll send you a $100 Amazon gift card regardless of outcome.
We allow candidates 1 week to complete the assignment. All candidates who submit an assignment will have the chance to present their work in a follow up interview to discuss their work.
We expect to make an offer to the successful candidate by the beginning of September with an expected start soon thereafter.
At City Innovate, we believe that the best technology shouldn’t be out of reach for the government. We’re a mission-driven early stage startup with real revenue, focusing on making a difference in government as a force for social good. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but talent lives around the world, so we have a global team and emphasize flexibility in your location and schedule. We know our people are our most important asset so we offer competitive compensation, including paying 100% of your medical and dental, unlimited vacation days, $500 home office stipend, 100% remote and are committed to work-life balance
We are a dynamic workplace based on respect, where everyone has a voice and participates in decision-making, so we can solve the hard problems
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.