Currently, city staff serve as liaisons to city boards or commissions. These are generally made up of appointees from the community made by the City Council. The process to apply to join a board or commission is not digitized. These groups are also required to post agendas for the public to see. Information about these groups is also sometimes difficult to find and not standardized.
The City seeks a solution with the following outcomes:
- Provide an easy digital solution for members of the public to apply to join a board or commission
- Integrate with the city website or other platform to simply the location of information to improve transparency to the public
- Provide standard templates and forms for city staff liaisons to use in managing the boards and commissions
- Provide greater visibility about the work of the boards and commissions including greater connectivity for appointees and members of the public
- Ensure that legal requirements, like the Brown Act, are being followed and the fundamental protocols regarding the boards and commissions operations are standardized