“Get It Done San Diego” is the City’s official app for reporting non-emergency problems/issues to City of San Diego workforce. Currently, App users can utilize “Get It Done” platform to report problems like potholes or graffiti and connect directly to the City’s internal work tracking systems. Walking down the street and see a problem? Take a photo and upload it from home or while still nearby. Get It Done can automatically update the problem and report the information about where and when the photo was taken.
When finding answers to questions, our customers (residents, visitors, businesses) often have different preferences and approaches. For example, some users prefer to search, others prefer to browse. Now, the growing expectation with our customer base is to be able to directly “chat” with systems using natural language. Currently our customers (and employees) have access to search and browse functionalities, but natural language chatbot options are currently not available. Our customers are often faced with researching multiple locations and information based sources to find answers, such as for example; parking regulations. Often users have to evaluate various resources (e.g. websites, PDF documents) before finding the correct answer. And even then, there may be some uncertainty on the part of our customers as to the certainty of the information obtained via search or browse efforts. Using natural language, the chatbot could facilitate this process and potentially improve the City’s overall customer service support objectives.
Performance & Analytics Department seeks a solution that would have the following desired outcomes:
- Develop a plan to design two (2) types of chatbot channels (one for internal customers & one for external customers) Software solution needs to be integrated into the City’s existing “Get It Done” Salesforce platform environment.
- Formulate strategy to keep answers up-to-date and resolving “don’t knows”.
- Potential link to Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- Develop performance indicators to measure success.
- Determine how to integrate and rank multiple information sources.
- Ensure system can be efficiently maintained.