Currently the State of Arizona (State) provides a vast fleet inventory of various transportation options to both state employees and select contractors. The process to secure or reserve a vehicle is a manual process of either telephoning Fleet Operations, or visiting the Fleet Center in person. These manual processes results in the loss of employee time and productivity, as well as it may discourage the use of the fleet inventory resulting in the use of the employee's personal vehicle for business travel.
There are no known information technology restrictions or constraints for this requirement. The State is interested in any mobile application solution that can be developed to allow for the reservation of the available vehicle from any Apple or Android cellular phone within the State's cellular phone assigned inventory.
The Application should provide:
1. The ability to reserve any vehicle that is available or is assigned;
2. An enhancement of functionality to also provide for trip routing, or generate trip tickets;
3. Be able to provide instant access to see what vehicles are currently available for reservation;
4. Be visually appealing and graphically vibrant to allow for easy use;
5. Ability to track employee use of the system or provide employee a visual of their fleet inventory usage over a select period of time.